Your working experiences has nothing to do with you when you’re in new role.
Following the rounds of tropical downpours across the Philippines, danger now aims for Vietnam and Cambodia for the weekend. AccuWeather
This is an information to all Cambodian people who planned for weekend picnic, travelling or going to abroad. Be mindful with this situation and have a good preparation.
The storm will hits up north Cambodia and rain drop will cover most areas from middle to west Cambodia.
Keep on eye on this people.
The living style is changing from day to day. Ten years ago while PCs including laptop computers rules the world with its advantages, people are really dream to own a good laptop to support their job or even for research or students need it to support their study. Ten years later, which is nowadays, everything has changed while everyone dream to own a good tablet instead of a laptop. But those tablets also have it own pros and cons
Today, I would pick up some disadvantages or cons of a tablet compare to a laptop:
1. Working space: Tablet means everything in one single device and you have to use on screen tools such as keyboard, toolbars… Those tools need space and it also eat-up nearly 40% – 50% of total tablet’s screen. This mean your working space reduce and you also reduce your own productivity in some reasons. That would never happen in laptop or other PCs in general while it has separate keyboard and larger screen for you.
2. Professional softwares: Speaking about softwares, there is nothing could compare to a full PCs that could offers you an incredible productivity softwares such as office, photo editor, accountant softwares, and many others while tablet never have full function softwares but just offers you what we usually call “apps” or “application “. To be clear, apps or applications are not fully function designed. Most of those apps just semi-pro applications that could offers you quick and easy for you to just input some mighty data instead while you don’t have enough time to start up your laptop. Never expect too much from a tablet even if it is a $1,000 tablet.
3. LCD projection: Come to this point, tablet has nothing to compare with a PC because you cannot conduct a presentation with a tablet without a projection adaptor which somehow it is costly. A PC could do it without any problem, just plug the VGA, HDMI or mini Display cable in and you are ready to go.
4. Smartness of the devices: It is very hard to judge which device is smart and others are not smart enough because it all based on mostly the same mathematical architecture or algorithm. But the smartness of each tablet or PC based on its softwares or apps. Most of the tablets could hold on with huge and complex task due to limitation of its processing unit, but those seem lesser problem with PC while your can solve tons of problems at one with fantastic results.
5. Multitasking: Come to this point, tablets are almost defeat by PCs, even some high-end Android tablets let you run and do your work with more than 2 apps the same time. PCs let you do that witn ease.
6. Storage: How to compare a tablet with 128GB of storage to a 500GB storage of a PC? We cannot compare that even some manufacturers are trying to introduce some external storages that allow tablets to access, read and write the data wirelessly.
7. Price and product’s cost: Here I want to mention two separate things. One, is about the price of a tablet. Some tablet could potentially priced at a very high price, for example Sony Experia Z tablet series which somehow I think it is over priced and nonsense. Two, product cost, these all about the extra money that you would spend for its accessaries to get the full productivity of that tablet, for example if you want the get the full productivity of a $299 nVidia Shield tablet you would potentially need to pay another $60 for Shield controller which is a game pad, another $40 for its cover and that could add up the product cost to $400.
Above are just some disadvantages of a tablet no matter it is an Apple product or other Android tablets, they are both have mostly the same disadvantages and it could somehow will never replace your laptop. But recently, many Windows tablets released and some of them are fully Windows tablet that offfer you the PC experiences but still have its own disadvantages.
The decision is yours and no matter what you would decide, you will have your own reasons for that decision.
Hope everyone will choose what best for you and your work.
People has developed and used vaccines more than 50 years already. There are more than 10 vaccines available in the market to help protect both infants and adults people.
Most vaccines are produced to target infants and children because protecting infants and children might give more effectiveness in terms of social impact and healthcare impact. Just a few vaccines that targeted for adult population.
Vaccines has been accepted widely around the world, especially in developed countries such as United States, UK, France,… So, how about vaccine acceptance in Cambodia?
Vaccination is injecting viruses or at least some part of viruses or bacteria into healthy people. In Cambodia, vaccines has been introduce in 1995, during UNTAC era. But at that time, only hepatitis B vaccine that introduced. Until now, the mindset and the perspectives of Cambodian people about vaccines are still just a strange-thing-to-be-accept.
It is very hard, really hard to convince Cambodian people to get themselves or their children to get vaccinated. Currently Cambodian people are so deeply believes on National Immunization Program’s vaccines that are good, safe and ENOUGH. While all children or people in developed countries are enjoying the benefits of getting vaccinated from new vaccines, Cambodian people are too happy with more 20-year old vaccines such as BCG, whole-cell pertussis, diphtheria, and oral polio vaccines. These vaccines has been introduced since I was not yet born. Many severe adverse reaction has been reported from these vaccines but yet we still happy to get it even if we can afford the better one.
Speaking about new vaccines introducing, the tough-decision from MoH is just so difficult to engage while they don’t understand about some new concepts. They don’t even know what is disease awareness activities. I was quite surprise while they said that disease awareness is considered as product promote.
Here are some example of immunization schedule in some neighborhood countries (Thailand) and the United States. This example just to give you more view of where are we now in terms of protection against preventable disease compare to them.
Thailand Immunization Schedule 2013
United States Immunization Schedule
Vietnam Immunization Schedule
Cambodia Immunization Schedule
Now you can can see the differences between our current immunization schedule to the others countries both developed and developing countries. Vietnam is still better than us and yet we complain about them. We cannot even compare to Thailand Immunization schedule.
I hope to see a very busy immunization schedule in the next 4 or 5 years so that more Cambodian children will get protected from vaccine-preventable diseases. I hope and wish that next Cambodia’s PM will put “introduce new vaccines ton EPI programme” as part of their politic strategies, not just purely thinking of how to get the PM’s desk.
This is just my own observation and view. I didn’t mean to fight against anyone or any purpose to create any conflicts.
The Future of Cambodian Children is in our hands, your hands. So do not let any Cambodian children get infected by vaccine-preventable diseases. Get them vaccinated!!
Have you guys ever try to search your name on Google? I’ve tried tonight to really see how many people who will own the name like me. Surprisingly, there are so many people who has the same name to me. Like this above person as an example.
I think it is fun to just spend only 3 minutes to check your name on google then. Let’s try for fun….
Working is a process of success. Everyone try to work really hard because they want to reach their goals, SUCCESS.
Success means both in financial and Management skills. But according to the study in The United States, the people who’ll change their jobs/career after 1.5 years working with the company, in average. This is not a good number, but what are all behind of this movement?
There are basically 6 simple reasons that make people leaves their company:
- No Visibility: Here, I want to say that very a few staffs who will get up the in the early Monday morning really think about the job, how to make money for the company or how to make think perfectly done. As a manager, we need to really see about this point and make sure that we’ll not confuse between money and visibility of the company or staffs. As a manager, we need to show our staffs who the company will look like, and how you want them to be.
- No link between staffs and company and the benefits of the whole company/team: This is very important that you have to make your staffs see the value of their roles, and the benefits of the whole company/team to achieve. It is such an obvious if you cannot show to your staffs the excitement and the benefits that they will get from their jobs.
- There is no such LOVE-LOVE between you and your staffs: Love-Love here is doesn’t mean you love your staffs then. But show and earn the respect from them so that they will happily listen and execute your plan effectively. To get this, you have to treat people fairly. If you cannot get their respect, I would believe that you will fail on your managerial roles. Show the love to them and get their respect back.
- Lag of MOTIVATION: To be a good leader, you have to have a very clear guidance and very strong motivation skill. If you don’t have all of those skill then you will become a very bad leader. In Cambodian culture, they really like to use money as a motivation tools, but money cannot buy their vision or their thought. If you want to motivate people to do thing, you might need to double think about using money as a tool. Motivation start from making close to them, show them the reason and the result expectation. Not money…
- No FUTURE: There’ll no one will work for you if they don’t see any value or future for them. They will change to another place which is valuable and future for them. A good leader, will have a very wide visibility for his staffs. He will set goal and development plan for each his staffs and transfers those to them. So, if you don’t want to lose your good staffs, then you might need to think about how to sharp the future for each of individual of your staffs.
- No EXCITEMENT or HAPPY-FACES in the office/company: Excitement leads to many successful story. Google, Microsoft and many more world leading companies are really think about how to excite their people, how to create funny things in the company to really attract their staffs. The level of productivities of each of the staffs will come from how much they love their office then. Believe me, there will no one will enjoy their work if their office feel like a prison then.
ប្រទេសមានក្បួន តម្រាក្រមក្រួន មានជាទំនុក
កេរ្តិ៍ពីដូនតា ដែលបានចារណ៍ទុក គ្រាន់ជាទំនុក
រាជ្ជបារាំងសេស ប្រជាដូចផេះ ដូចធូលីដី
រស់ដូចនរក រងទុក្ខព្រៃផ្សៃ ដេកផ្ទាល់នឹងដី
ខែមួយខែពីរ អ្នកស្រុកវក់វី ធ្វើការរែកពន់
ធ្វើទាំងលំបាក ឥតមានស្រាកស្រន់ ក៏ព្រោះតែពន្វ
មកដល់ ៧៥ ធ្វើការស៊ូទ្រាំ ព្រោះតែខ្លាចស្លាប់
គ្មានសេរីភាព មានតែចាក់កាប់ រស់ដូចជាជាប់
ករិយាខ្មែរ ចូលអោយគេ ហែរហមមុខក្រោយ
បានគេលើកជើង អញថ្កើងព្រងើយ ពេលធ្វើធំហើយ
ខ្មែរស្អប់រឺះគន់ តែហ៊ានត្រូវធ្ងន់ ក្ស័យមិនខានឡើយ
ព្យាបាទធ្វើទុក្ខ រើសអើងកណ្តើយ ផ្តាច់ឬសគល់ត្រួយ
សេរីភាពបាត់ ក្នុងមិនប្រយ័ត្ន ក្រៅមិនកណ្តើយ
គេចាំតែថា ចាំសើចខ្មែរហើយ បើយើងបណ្តោយ
បាត់បង់សេរី ទោះរូបខ្ញុំក្តី ក៏អស់ប្រាថ្នា
ធ្វើអ្វីមិនកើត ចាំស្តាប់គេថា មុខក្រោយយ៉ាងណា
នេះឬមនុស្ស ខ្មែរស្រីខ្មែរប្រុស រឺមួយយ៉ាងណា
ខ្មែរអើយចូរចាំ ពាក្យចាស់ពោលថា កុំយកទៀមស្រា
ម្តេចមិនជួយគ្នា ហេតុអីចាំកៀរ ប៉ែងជើងគ្នាឯង?
ចេះគេអោយទប់ ប្រសព្វចេះឯង គិតគ្រប់កន្លែង