Single-life is the most happy, risk taking and enjoyable life that each and everyone of us gone through. Single-life will one day be finished by a new life chapter called marriage-life. In single-life, and as a single person, there were so many mistakes I made. But however, below are some of important and learning mistakes I made when I was single:
1. Spending money I earned for luxurious stuffs: People are like using luxurious and high quality products from house whole products to personal using products such as phones or jewelries. When I was single, I was not on isolated from those group of people either. Everyday, when I woke up, and every weekend when I had free time, I always searched for something that’s premium, without thinking about its price or anything else. If I found something I like, I will do everything to get it.
Those behavior led me to spent almost 80% of monthly income for those not necessary, and sometime, I didn’t even need it.
Technology products including computers, smartphones and tablets were the things that burned my money aways.
2. “Let’s start saving from next month”: Can you imagine that when you want to save your money this month, and you see something interest that you really want, you will say to yourself that “let’s get it, and start saving from next month onwards. This month, let’s just make it for your last overspending month”. But in reality, next month saving, would never happen because next month you’ll need to spend on something else.
I used to experienced that and one thing I can tell you, you’re burning your money and you’re letting yourself into financial crisis one day.
If you wish to saving your money, start doing it today with a proper saving plans. The old said: Spend the money that remain after you saved, and do not save the money that remain after you spent.
3. It is too small for saving: It might be true, because $5 you cannot make any different in your saving account or saving box, but $5 per day times 30 days will make you a surprise. You save $5 a day is much better waiting when you have $50 for saving. Making a different from small little things that would make you a surprise.
Saving money is a myth, and it require patience. Start saving now with your $0.50 unused money.
4. Enjoy life while you can: Most single people always says, let’s enjoy life while you can because when you get married your life will complete different. Exactly what it is. Marriage life is completely different from single life, but however, I still strongly believe that concept is wrong. Start to think and do different even you’re single will make you’re mature when you get married. I used to had that kind of thought, and I almost became a jerk at that time.
5. Single income resource is enough me: When you’re single, you just need to do one job and you can survive without any doubts. I used to think in that way as well. I just need one single job with acceptable income and I can survive in this world, but I was wrong. When price of goods are getting higher and higher, you might need to spend more the same stuff and your money will drain faster than you expected.
Try to get more job and income while you’re single is much better than enjoying your single-life and face many financial problems when you’re married. Get out of that concept and start to think differently.
These are my experiences and I believe some single people might also experienced, or experiencing the same thing I did.