Working is a process of success. Everyone try to work really hard because they want to reach their goals, SUCCESS.
Success means both in financial and Management skills. But according to the study in The United States, the people who’ll change their jobs/career after 1.5 years working with the company, in average. This is not a good number, but what are all behind of this movement?
There are basically 6 simple reasons that make people leaves their company:
- No Visibility: Here, I want to say that very a few staffs who will get up the in the early Monday morning really think about the job, how to make money for the company or how to make think perfectly done. As a manager, we need to really see about this point and make sure that we’ll not confuse between money and visibility of the company or staffs. As a manager, we need to show our staffs who the company will look like, and how you want them to be.
- No link between staffs and company and the benefits of the whole company/team: This is very important that you have to make your staffs see the value of their roles, and the benefits of the whole company/team to achieve. It is such an obvious if you cannot show to your staffs the excitement and the benefits that they will get from their jobs.
- There is no such LOVE-LOVE between you and your staffs: Love-Love here is doesn’t mean you love your staffs then. But show and earn the respect from them so that they will happily listen and execute your plan effectively. To get this, you have to treat people fairly. If you cannot get their respect, I would believe that you will fail on your managerial roles. Show the love to them and get their respect back.
- Lag of MOTIVATION: To be a good leader, you have to have a very clear guidance and very strong motivation skill. If you don’t have all of those skill then you will become a very bad leader. In Cambodian culture, they really like to use money as a motivation tools, but money cannot buy their vision or their thought. If you want to motivate people to do thing, you might need to double think about using money as a tool. Motivation start from making close to them, show them the reason and the result expectation. Not money…
- No FUTURE: There’ll no one will work for you if they don’t see any value or future for them. They will change to another place which is valuable and future for them. A good leader, will have a very wide visibility for his staffs. He will set goal and development plan for each his staffs and transfers those to them. So, if you don’t want to lose your good staffs, then you might need to think about how to sharp the future for each of individual of your staffs.
- No EXCITEMENT or HAPPY-FACES in the office/company: Excitement leads to many successful story. Google, Microsoft and many more world leading companies are really think about how to excite their people, how to create funny things in the company to really attract their staffs. The level of productivities of each of the staffs will come from how much they love their office then. Believe me, there will no one will enjoy their work if their office feel like a prison then.